Paul Hankins's Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

A thrilling page-turner that reads like Quantum Leap meets a good Scooby Doo mystery.

But don't let my mash-up here deter you from wanting to read Jill Hathaway's spring release. My Room 407 Readers are always asking for mysteries, and I am so glad that this book gives me another title to which I can point these readers.

SLIDE is tense AND mysterious with enough twists and turns to make you think this book should have been called SLIP and SLIDE.

Sylvia has a disability that everyone thinks is narcolepsy. What they don't know is that "Vee" is keeping a secret. A secret that puts her in the room as one of her former friends is being murdered before her very eyes.

Vee can slip into the bodies of other people, a metaphysical transformation she calls sliding when she comes into contact with something that other person has imprinted.

Who could the killer be? The sensitive best friend who has yet to confide his true feelings? The mysterious new boy that Vee meets outside of the nurses office on the day of the first death in the book? The well-intended teacher confidant who finds himself at the center of suspicion when a second death occurs?

And what of the mysterious, one-sided conversation Vee overhears her father having in his office?

A guaranteed page-turner here. I finished SLIDE in two hours as part of my Spring Break #bookaday. I can't wait to book talk this with my readers when we get back to school!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.

03/26/2012 page 100