Kyle's Reviews > Distrust That Particular Flavor

Distrust That Particular Flavor by William Gibson

May 01, 12

Read from April 28 to May 01, 2012

Incredibly interesting collection of essays. Just really great stuff! In his musings on cyberspace or whatever, William Gibson comes off very honest and real. It's always a pleasure reading an author's thoughts on his or her work and more broadly what their work is about too. Gibson seems to cover so much in his snap-shot essays. My favorite essays were "Will We Have Computer Chips In Our Heads?" and "The Road to Oceania." His essays discussing online watch buying and the "Body" were equally great too.

I would have no issue reading Distrust that Particular Flavor again..right now! Likewise I would have no problem buying it either (since graduating from college I have stopped buying books.)

Read this if you love Gibson's ideas! Distrust That Particular Flavors is a much more personal elaboration on some of the ideas dealt with in his fiction. Moreover he is less wordy. These essay have done an excellent job providing ample, snap-shot explanations. So, yeah...probably good for the contemporary ADHD reader.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Distrust That Particular Flavor.