๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ 's Reviews > Stolen Away

bookshelves: read-in-2012, released-in-2012, favourites
Recommended to ๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ by: Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥
Read on March 30, 2012

<3 I loved this.
I love how Eloise, Jo, & Devin are such great friends. Most book, there'll be two best friends, and either a) The main character starts seeing faeries, vamps, or other fantasy stuff, and then she starts keeping secrets from her BFF, and they get into arguments & start moving apart, then the BFF is hardly in the book. Or b) If the BFF is a guy, he loves the main character, but she loves some other guy, and that separates them. Or something like that. The BFF's aren't usually close in fantasy books.
But not in this book. Eloise starts seeing strange stuff, and straight away she tells her best friends, and while at first they hardly believe it, they still help, and eventually they believe completely as well.

Another thing I love? The best friends were 2 girls, and 1 boy. So straight away I think "O God, here we go. The guy loves one of them, they don't even know, and they don't love him back." So then Eloise meets a guy, and Devin doesn't act weird when when he's is around. So I'm thinking "Oh good. So either he's really good at hiding how he feels and it's gonna come out later, or, more likely, he likes Jo". But then Jo meets a guy too, and when Devin finds out about him, he doesn't act weird then either. So I'm starting to get excited, but still half expecting to find out Devin really does like one of the girls. Nope!

And there were the two guys, Lucas & Eldric, both different types of guys. Like Puck & Ash, Jem & Will, Adrian & Dimitri.. There's always the two types. But in this book, they don't fall for the same girl. One falls for Eloise, the other for Jo. And the whole story isn't just in Eloise's POV. It switches between Eloise & Jo. So we get to see both relationships happening.
So, in short, I loved the romance.
I loved the whole book.

A big thank you to Stephanie who recommended this to me! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Away.

03/30/2012
59.0% "Love how all 3 are great friends & tell each other everything. Even that they've seen fairies." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…