Louise's Reviews > Imagine: How Creativity Works

Imagine by Jonah Lehrer

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from April 16 to 30, 2012

A fascinating book filled with studies on creativity, anecdotes about creative people, and tips on how to boost your creativity. I'm glad this book wasn't written like a self-help book because that would get on my nerves. Instead, it's full of interesting stories about successful companies like Pixar and people like the guy who invented Scotch tape. I especially liked the section about office space layout and how that can help people be more creative.

The only thing I didn't like was the last section about urban spaces and how that related to creativity. It got a little boring and didn't seem to match with the overall tone of the book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imagine.

04/17/2012 page 26
10.0% "The author really likes Bob Dylan."
04/19/2012 page 33
13.0% ""Marijuana, by contrast, seems to make insights more likely. It not only leads to states of relaxation but also increases brain activity in the right hemisphere.""
04/27/2012 page 129
50.0% ""According to a study by Jeffrey Sanchez-Burks,people who describe themselves as both Asian and American, or see themselves as female engineers (and not just engineers), display higher levels of creativity." I guess I got half of that one covered." 3 comments
04/30/2012 page 175
68.0% "Brainstorming doesn't work! But crit-sessions with plusses do."