Lina Hunger's Reviews > Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures by Laura Lee Guhrke

Sep 21, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from March 26 to 27, 2012

Omg... I'am so tired. I read this in one night. Seriously. From 8 in the night to 5 in the morning.. And I had to go to school at 7. So goddd I was so freaking tired. Every cell in my body was regretting reading all night. I always tell myself that I won't read past midnight again but somehow I do it again and then wake up regretting it. Don't get me wrong.! The book was really good. I loved it. Loved Anthony and Daphne together. The duke was really hot and charming. Loved all bitses of him. And omg I fell in love with the lead girl Daphne. She was perfect. I loved that she didn't give in and had her pride. I do not offent fall for the lead girl. Mostly they have flaws, but this girl is perfect.

Okahhh the storyline:
Daphne works for the Duke Anthony, and is soo in Love with him and adores him. But she, herself isn't a women men notices. She mostly covers her clothes with an apron so you can't see her bodycurves. She wears round glasses and her hair is always in a knot in the back of her head. And whenever she sees the duke she gets nervous and mumbles.
Then one day she overhears the duke talking with his sister about her. He says she's like a robot with no women appeal. It breaks her heart and she takes the offer of leaving to London. She is no longer the women who was stupidly inlove with the duke. She is a new person. She Hates him now and can't understand why she fell for him.!
But from the morning she tells the duke off, he notices her as a women. Somehow she transforms completely and the duke can't help of doing whatever in his power to make her stay. He wants her passionately but she doesn't love him anymore, or so she tells herself.

I give it 4,5 stars

7 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Pleasures.