Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > Moonblood

Moonblood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Don't you love it when you find that book(or series) that you absolutely feel the need to gush about?! I definitely feel the need to gush about The Tales of Goldstone Wood series. My first instinct is to say that Moonblood has been my favorite book so far. In actuality, all the books are sort of one long story, though. (There's never been a huge cliffhanger, which I greatly appreciate). As much as I've loved the series after reading the first two books, it's with the addition of Moonblood that my opinion of the series has been drastically raised. I can easily see this series achieving Classic status. It has became one of my all-time favorite series EVER, and I can't wait to re-read each of these books to discover more of the hidden meanings. As all the little details and characters keep coming together, I can see the brilliance of the story. Once again, I HIGHLY recommend you read these in publication order.

Amazingly, I'm even more excited about Starflower, because it appears it will go back in time for us to read Eanrin's background story. As much as I adore most of the characters in this series, Eanrin is by far my favorite, despite his arrogant nature. I simply adore Eanrin's character! In Heartless, he only had a somewhat small part, and I don't recall him being in Veiled Rose at all. In Moonblood, we really get to know him better. Lord willing, I'm thankful I only have to wait until October, instead of a whole year to pick it up, which would break my heart!

I do want to point out that The Goldstone Wood Series is definitely Christian in nature, but it can be read completely separate from Christian thoughts if that is what you'd prefer. I'd say if you really and truly like The Chronicles of Narnia, The Goldstone Series should be right up your alley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonblood.