Pink's Reviews > Damned

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: books-i-have

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Damned.

Quotes Pink Liked

Chuck Palahniuk
“If the living are haunted by the dead, then the dead are haunted by their own mistakes.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“Death is a long process," Archer says. "Your body is just the first part of you that croaks." Meaning: Beyond that, your dreams have to die. Then your expectations. And your anger about investing a lifetime in learning shit and loving people and earning money, only to have all that crap come to basically nothing. Really, your physical body dying is the easy part. Beyond that, your memories must die. And your ego. Your pride and shame and ambition and hope, all that Personal Identity Crap can take centuries to expire.”
tags: dying

Chuck Palahniuk
“It's obsequious little nicety-nice girls like me who allow assholes to run the world: Miss Harlot O'Harlots, billionaire phony tree huggers, hypocrite drug-snorting, weed-puffing peace activists who fund the mass-murdering drug cartels and perpetuate crushing poverty in dirt-poor banana republics. It's my petty fear of personal rejection that allows so many true evils to exist. My cowardice enables atrocities.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“The previous Madison Spencer would bother to hold their frightened hand, to calm and comfort them. Who I am now, however, I tell them to cry me a stinking shit river and fall down dead, already.”