Mike Smith's Reviews > Canadian Professional Engineering And Geoscience: Practice And Ethics

Canadian Professional Engineering And Geoscience by Gordon C. Andrews

Mar 26, 2012

it was ok
Read in March, 2012

I read this textbook as a requirement in studying for the Professional Practice Exam of Professional Engineers Ontario. It explains what the practice of professional engineering is in Canada and covers the codes of ethics that professional engineers must embrace. The text touches on differences in regulations and ethical codes across Canada, but the Alberta and Ontario codes are cited most often as models for the rest of the country.

The book is clearly written and includes easy-to-understand case histories and case studies. There's a lot of material here and I know I'll be reviewing it more than once.

I read this book on a Kobo Vox e-reader. You have to use the CourseSmart application, provided via the publisher, to read it. This app does not re-size the text to make it fill the screen. Instead, you get essentially a reproduction of a full printed page, which, depending on the size of your screen, can be quite small. The Vox lets me enlarge the text, but that enlargement is lost when you turn the page. Note that when you get an electronic copy of this book, you "rent" it for 6 months, after which it becomes inaccessible. You must have Internet access to read the book because the app downloads the pages as you read them; the book is not stored on your device (at least on Android devices).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Canadian Professional Engineering And Geoscience.