Cami Hensley's Reviews > Legacy of the Highlands

Mar 27, 12

bookshelves: romance, suspense
Read on March 26, 2012

Review originally published here:

Don't let this books title or cover fool you. This is a romantic suspense/mystery all tied into one.

There is a bit of a slow start, and a very sad start. About 1/4th of the way in it gets rolling and you are thrust into the mystery of why a man was suddenly murdered and how a 700 year vow and a father's choices led to it.

Poor, poor Alex, I will admit I was heartbroken for her. Losing her husband literally destroys her ability to function. It is such a sad thing to read about. Schultz does an amazing job of detailing her emotions.

I love that we get a taste of Will and his personality in the beginning and through flashbacks.

Diego is such a sweet male lead. He does everything in his power to comfort Alex and help her without trying to let his needs or feelings he's had for her since the beginning cloud his judgement. When their relationship does begin it really feels like a smooth transition and not something that they jumped into.

There is a bit of an abrupt ending, but overall join the ride from grief, to mystery and suspense complete with twists, and eventually love and acceptance.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy of the Highlands.