Shelli's Reviews > Betty Bunny Wants Everything

Betty Bunny Wants Everything by Michael B. Kaplan

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: picture-books
Read on March 26, 2012

Betty Bunny is a BIG BRAT. Her mother needs to read a parenting book, or three. Allowing Betty Bunny to be that level of rude, selfish and ungrateful is not acceptable. Especially when no consequences are given after the offensive behavior. O but wait, how about give her some money instead of a time out or serious scolding on manners or lack there of? WRONG!

While the idea of teaching the value of a dollar is important, it is second to having a consequence for such atrocious behavior. Later the idea of a budget should be taught, but not until after the behavior issue is addressed. Not a good book to read at all to your children, unless you just want to pick apart how Mommy Rabbit and Betty Bunny screwed up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betty Bunny Wants Everything.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Guen Betty Bunny most definitely received the natural consequence of her behavior. She couldn't choose just one toy so she left the store without any toys. Giving Betty Bunny money to go back to the store to buy a toy was a problem solving method and gave her more control and understanding of her shopping experience. I hail these methods as great parenting and I have read myriad parenting books. Punishments such as time outs and scolding do not work.

Shelli Everyone has different approaches to parenting because each child is different. It has been 2 years since I read this book so I could not possibly give any further information about how I felt about the book or its characters than what I have already written. You are a parent that clearly reads to your child so I'm sure your kids are loved and you do the best you can. One area I personally have never budged on with my daughter is manners. I don't want her to grow up to be a self absorbed jerk like so much of society sadly has become. In other areas of parenting I pick and choose my battles but kindness and being a good person is a battle I have always and will always pick. Thankfully that has worked well with my daughter and rarely if ever any additional guidance is needed in this area.