Paranormal Haven's Reviews > Temptation Rising

Temptation Rising by A.C. Arthur

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-read-by-stephanie
Read in April, 2012

At night, Kalina Harper is haunted by memories of an attack two years ago and the dangerous creature that saved her. By day, she is a Washington D.C. cop who has been sent undercover to find evidence that links the handsome and powerful attorney Roman Reynolds to a drug operation. An assignment that proves difficult when Roman takes a special interest in Kalina and she's finding him hard to resist. Roman and his jaguar want Kalina in a way he's never wanted any other woman. He'll do anything to not only have her, but keep her. When a rogue group of shifters commit a string of grisly murders, Roman will need to find and stop them before they get their hands on their next target, Kalina.

Kalina is a woman with a sad past who wants to get ahead in her career while doing good. She's at Roman's firm to find evidence that would link him to drugs coming out of South America. This is where my problems with Kalina started. She doesn't really seem to put any effort forth in finding any clues that would connect Roman to the drugs and what little she does do, seems pointless. My second problem with her was her relationship with Roman. She's a cop trying to take everything away from him and send him to prison yet she starts a physical relationship with him? That just doesn't make any sense. I wasn't expecting the twist regarding her past when I first started the book so I thought that was interesting but other than that, there just wasn't anything remarkable about her.

Roman takes being an alpha almost to the point of being too overbearing but he struck just the right cord with me. He has met Kalina before and now that she's back in his life, he doesn't just want her, he craves her. I love the possessiveness that Roman exhibits. I know that vampires also get the same way yet there's something about when a shifter does it that makes it feel so primal and sexy. In his relationship with Kalina, I can't help but feel that it was more about lust between them than love. The hot, sweaty, skin on skin action they did very well. I just couldn't imagine them having anything real outside the bedroom.

Roman is in charge of the east coast jaguars and it's his responsibility to find out who is viciously killing humans before his kind is exposed. There's no huge mystery as to who is behind it all. What I did enjoy was learning about the shifter politics and how Roman wants to make it better. Here's a man who truly loves his kind and there is a certain passion he shows when he's dealing with issues regarding them and I couldn't get enough of these scenes.

There's no new ground broken in Temptation Rising. Still, I didn't have a hard time finding a few things to keep me interested. Aside from Roman, his friends Nick and X are just as alpha yet have something extra that set them apart. I look forward to getting to know more about them in future books as well as what's going on with the rogues and how they'll affect the overall system of the jaguars. I probably won't rush out and buy book two as soon as it comes out but continue on in this series.
- Stephanie
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation Rising.

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Mistik | I ♥ Monster Fkery | I saw this book on ur blog interview. Sounds good to me!

Paranormal Haven Glad a hear! I'll be picking up a copy soon :-)

Hbeebti How are you liking this?

Paranormal Haven I'll be starting it this morning!

Hbeebti Great review thank you.

Paranormal Haven Thanks Hbeebti :-)