Emily's Reviews > The Traitor in the Tunnel

The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y.S. Lee

Mar 26, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: historical-fiction, love-story, outside-u-s-a, ya-fiction, mystery
Read in March, 2012

Why I picked it up: I read the first two in the series and enjoyed them.

Mary Quinn is currently working in Buckingham palace. Various knick knacks have been disappearing from the palace and the Agency has been hired to find the culprit. But Anne and Felicity want to remove her from the case: there are secret repairs taking place in the tunnels beneath the palace and the engineer working on the repairs is James Easton. Before Mary even gets a chance to convince the Agency to let her stay, she overhears information about the murder of a gentleman. And the suspected murderer has the same name as her thought-to-be-dead father. This book starts about 6 months after the last book ended.

This was my favorite of the three. I am satisfied at how it ended, as it was originally billed as a trilogy, though I see that there now may be a fourth book. I have enjoyed the romance element between Mary and James that continues to be a highlight of the series for me. I do still want there to be author’s notes on the historical accuracy of some aspects.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Traitor in the Tunnel.