Kris 's Reviews > The Janus Stone

The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: from-the-library
Read from March 26 to 28, 2012

Wondering through the library, I happened upon this book. The cover intrigued me, so I started reading the flap - "It's been a few months since forensic archaeologist..." and I stopped. That was all I needed to read. I love the Temperance Brennan novels so I had to pick this one up. There wasn't as much forensic detail as Kathy Reichs puts into her books, but it was still great.

I was aware that this took place in Britain, but didn't realize the author is British also, until I came upon the word 'crisps'. I figured it out from contextual clues (and my husband somehow knew that they were chips already!), and then well, everything I read was in my head in a British accent. It doesn't distract from anything at all - but there is one caveat - this series should really be read in order.

Most people read series in order, I'm not one of them - but things came up right away that I wish I had known ahead of time. So, if you are interested I'd start with The Crossing Places. I have this one checked out from the library now, but I wish I had paid more attention when I picked this one up.

This book has a lot of Roman Mythology involved, which I find fascinating. I love mythology of all sorts. Overall, I truly enjoyed this book and I'm glad it was one of my 'stumble upons' in the library!

Challenges this book counts towards
A to Z
Outdo Yourself
Support Your Local Library

~Kris~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Janus Stone.

03/27/2012 page 182