Victor Gentile's Reviews > Unashamed to Bear His Name: Embracing the Stigma of Being a Christian

Unashamed to Bear His Name by R.T. Kendall

May 05, 12

Read in May, 2012

R. T. Kendall in his new book, “Unashamed to Bear His Name” published by Chosen Books helps us in Embracing the Stigma of Being a Christian.
From the Back Cover: In our increasingly secular society, being a Christian carries a cost.

Whether through public criticism or the quiet loss of respect, it is hard–and becoming harder–to be known as a Christian.

But instead of fearing embarrassment and rejection, bestselling author and leader R. T. Kendall shows you how to turn those feelings into sources of unimaginable blessing. Here he offers the encouragement and guidance you need to embrace your faith fully–and the stigma that comes with it. Then watch the Lord unleash incalculable blessing into your life.

Some of us, I don’t know how many, when we became Christians were told all kinds of things some of which included lots of God’s blessings and favor in our lives. We probably were not told that there would be problems because we accepted Jesus. If we were told it wasn’t going to be a big deal. Jesus said, “”God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.” Matthew 5:11-12. Dr. Kendall has undertaken to write this book to make us understand that because we are Christians there is a stigma that we have to live with. However knowing this enables us to work better as we are also taught how to deal with it. Dr. Kendall outlines the different stigmas associated with being a Christian and why we should not be ashamed of them. This is a book that all of us should read and read more than once. We may not grasp everything the first time or may need reminding of what we have learned later. I recommend this book enthusiastically!

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop, commercial free Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Chosen Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unashamed to Bear His Name.