Asli's Reviews > Before I Go To Sleep

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: thriller
Read from March 26 to April 03, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Go To Sleep.

03/26/2012 page 50
13.0% "This is going to be a quick read!" 1 comment
04/01/2012 page 270
70.0% "This is the thing about “popular best-sellers”... When I read the words on the cover: “The best debut thriller for years” my expectations were so high and now that I’m more than half-way through the book, all I can say is that it didn’t meet my expectations."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam Never trust an 'International Bestseller'. It commnly threatens to be little more than Irrational Bollocks.

Asli Sam wrote: "Never trust an 'International Bestseller'. It commnly threatens to be little more than Irrational Bollocks."

yeah well, this one was a true dissapointment... I can't decide what was worse- the predictable plot or the Hollywood type happy ending... Blah!

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam We should pledge to seek out books worth reading from now on and decline any claims to 'International Bestsellers'. Unless it's Mr Y. Have you read it yet? I'm ill again, in bed. Sigh.

Asli I have not but it's on my list for this summer!

Oh dear- lots of herb tea and bed rest & I'm sending you some "get well" thoughts & hugs! Hope you feel better soon!

Asli And yes... No more International Bestsellers for us. No, thanks! ;)