Brenda's Reviews > Ascend

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

F_50x66
Mar 26, 12

Read from March 25 to 26, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Ok so this was a real quick read and I did make myself (I still don't know why) read the entire series. It was ok. I think even though Wendy in the book is 17 she seems and acts so much younger. I noticed that in this last book it dragged on and on working up to the last chapter.

I did NOT like that she was, I'm SOOOO in love with Finn and just can barely go on and then ok wait a minute, I am in love with Loki. Oh and I thought I was in love with Finn but it wasn't the same and now I am not. I guess it was also a little confusing for me when the first time she talks about Loki she describes him as a man but when she is talking about Finn she talks about him as a boy. I thought Loki was so much older then her and you never do find out his age. He does refer to himself towards the end of the book as being a boy in love with a girl. Everything wraps up pretty conveniently in the last two chapters of the book that you can see it coming. Also it was annoying how much she really didn't like her mother and how her mother in the whole first book acted like she didn't like her either and then in book two they are like "Oh we really do like each other" and then in this one it is like "Oh my mom! I love her so much and now she is gone!" Arrg! Also if Elora painted all those pictures of Wendy as a little girl because she cared so much and loved her so much, why was she such a witch to her to start with? And not even spending time with her and all? I think she was bipolar. Wendy too. All in all I have to say that I am glad I am done with the series but with Wendy being pregnant in the end you have to wonder if that is opening it up for a series with her child??

I was disappointed in the series since it could have been so much better. I think Amanda cheated and just went with the old girl wants what she can't have, two guys in love with her routine. I don't want to say quite Twilight, but Twilightish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascend.

03/25/2012