Hayley Larson's Reviews > The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: my-favorites
Read in April, 2010

The Last Song is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks novels. I love chicklit and romance and this book does fit into those two catagories but it also showcases the fragile father-daughter relationship. The book brought on real emotion for me as I read about this dad who was trying to mend a relationship with his teenage daughter and her finally forgiving him and finally taking care of him in the end. In the book, she rekindled her love for music, one of the things that bonded her and her father together and played him one last song on the piano. While reading the end, I did not care that I was in a crowd at my school’s student building, I cried my eyes out anyway. I just felt like any person can relate to a time when they were ornery toward their parents and how someday you may really regret treating them that way or losing that precious time you could have spent with them. As someone who is very close to my father, the book made me overcome with emotion and I do like that in a story. But besides that plot line, there are other interesting things with her struggling to find the group of friends she fits into, her relationship with her brother, music, and her spending the summer in Carolina. Also, it really was a nice romance story and who doesn’t love that? I really liked this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Song.