Denise's Reviews > Out of Sight, Out of Time

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Mar 25, 12

bookshelves: chicklit

This series started out as a cute young adult tale of teenage girls who attend a secret school for spies. Innocent and fun, the early books have the heroine using surveillance equipment to check out a cute boy, and sneaking out of school through one of its many hidden passageways. As the series continues, the books become slightly more serious, and spy missions are no longer just training exercises or undercover dates with a local hottie.

In this, the fifth book, things turn much darker. It's still clean, and relatively violence-free, but life is no longer just a joke for these spies-in-training. The girls are almost ready to leave the protection of the school and head into what turns out to be a very dangerous real world. Although I missed the carefree atmosphere of the first books, I think Ally Carter is taking the series in the right direction. My only regret is that this is a brand new book, which means the next one is probably at least a year away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Sight, Out of Time.