Michelle's Reviews > Water

Water by Shauna Granger

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read from July 23 to 24, 2012

If you like elemental magic this is the perfect series for you. I have been reading this series from the beginning and it is so consistently good. I love how each book focuses on a different element. At first, I was a little confused because none of the three main characters are a water elemental. But I absolutely loved the plot line for Water. I thought it was super cool how everything was incorporated and it really made me want to read the original little mermaid story. (and don't go jumping to conclusions thinking there are mermaids all over the place. You won't know the connection without reading Water :p)

Shayna just keeps getting stronger and stronger power wise, but the thing that I really like about her is that she never lets it go to her head. She is very grounded. (get it? because she is the earth elemental? haha) but seriously, she is the anchor for the three friends and I love their dynamic. They get into little fights, but they are good enough friends that they can call each other out when they are being petty and they can just move on. This was not the case in the first book. I have really enjoyed watching all the characters grow.

As you can tell from the title, this book deals with water creatures. There are tons of awesome fight scenes. I really liked that Shayna, Jodi and Steven could call on their elementals to heal themselves. So for instance, Shayna would bury herself in the earth and it would heal her. That was a pretty unique power to me that I have not seen in most witch books.

One thing that bugged me about Water was the relationship between Shayna and Jenson. Specifically, how she treated him. I just felt so bad for him. She never really let him into her life. I had the same problem in the last book too. I was dissapointed that he wasn't in Water too much and then at the end he kind of just faded into the background and we have no idea what is going on with him or what the status of their quasi relationship is. Jenson is just so sweet and loyal and I felt for him. I hate to say this, but if Shayna isn't going to treat Jenson better, then she doesn't deserve him.

Water is a great installment in the elemental series. The creatures are creepy and my favorite yet! I thought the story line (which I am not going to reveal to you) is super interesting and riveting. Magic lovers should check out Water and the elemental series by Shauna Granger.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water.