Rachel at theJeepDiva's Reviews > Going Under

Going Under by Georgia Cates

Apr 01, 2012

bookshelves: for-review
Read from March 29 to 30, 2012

Summary
Jessie has to go live with his grandmother so he has to transfer from one school to another. He becomes the first string quarterback at his new school and as a result makes an enemy of last year’s quarterback Forbes. When Forbes tries to injure him in order to get his spot back Jessie vows to not only keep his spot on the team but to take Forbes’s girlfriend also.

Claire is fascinated with the new guy especially his tattoo. After being paired with him in a class and slowly learning more about him she thinks there is more to him than meets the eye. When Jessie embarrasses her in front of the school body she vows to get him to fall for her and then dump him to embarrass him back.

As they both go along they find each other falling for one another. Claire also falls for Jessie’s two younger brothers who have been placed in foster care. When Claire’s parents meet Jessie they try to keep them apart. Jessie and Claire try to be just friends but it was becoming to hard. Just when Claire’s parents seem to be coming around tragedy strikes.

Review
I couldn’t put this book down. I loved everything about this book. If you haven’t read this book yet what are you waiting for!!! Go get it now! Five stars!!!

Plot – I really enjoy the bad boy meets good girl plot. The characters were well developed and the plot kept me interest to the end. The romance was intense and unavoidable because even though they seem to come from different worlds there had a lot in common.

POV – I also enjoyed this book being from Jessie and Claire’s point of view. It gave us insight on both of them.

Characters – Forbes was such a jerk. The things he did and said I don’t know how Claire could possibly stand him. Jessie was a typical bad boy up to a point but he had layers that he kept hidden. He was smart, hard-working and would rather follow the rules. His circumstances that he was forced to endure no child or adult should have to but unfortunately some do. Claire was a perfect good girl but she wasn’t happy that way. She felt she would let everyone down if she did something that was not expected of her. She found Jessie and he brings out the wilder side of her. Jessie and Claire seem to balance each out.

Ending – The ending was great. It tied up all loose ends and gave a happy ending. Hmmm wonder how Forbes ended up maybe he got what was coming to him? Anyway like I said definitely worth reading this book.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Under.