Rachel at theJeepDiva's Reviews > Water of Life

Water of Life by Rhys Astason

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: for-review
Read from April 12 to 18, 2012

I went into reading this book worried that I might not like it. After reading the book, which did not take long, I can say that I really liked it. The plot and characters were interesting and pulled you in. This was a unique storyline and I hope there are more books in this series. I give it 4 stars.
The characters were well developed in this story. Jackson and Gracen are both strong characters and good at what they do. Gracen is a Captain and a trauma surgeon in The American Federation’s Army. Jackson is a Master Chief Petty Office in the American Federation’s Navy. He is also a member of the elite team called The Wolf Pack. Jackson lost his leg during his service and now has a prosthetic leg. They are both stationed at Camp Audie Murphy. I also enjoyed hearing about Gracen’s twin brother. I hope to see more of these three and it sounds like we will.
The storyline really had some twist and turns in it that I enjoyed. I didn’t see some of the things that happened coming. I won’t say much else because it would give away the story. Jackson and Gracen’s story is unique and engaging. I am very glad that I read this book.
The story really begins when they come under fire from an enemy out in the desert and medics are needed as well as support. Jackson’s team is dispatched to protect Gracen and her team to help the wounded that are under enemy fire. They are shot down and injured. As they wait for help just before passing out all they remember are camel spiders. They wake up in a top secret military facility in healing tanks and find out they are not more than human.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water of Life.

04/18/2012