Keri's Reviews > Hard Mated

Hard Mated by Jennifer Ashley

Feb 03, 2016

bookshelves: reviewed, e-book, romance-urban-fantasy, 2010s-read
Read in August, 2012

Spike is cat shifter who is Liam's tracker and inherited from the prior regime. He is also a shifter fight club champion. So you are thinking all brawn and tatt'ed up muscle and no brain, but you would be wrong. Eron(Spike)just won another fight when he is approached by a pretty human telling him that he must come with her that a friend is dying and she wants to talk to him. He is curious of course and goes with her. Come to find out he had a one night stand with Joanne and turns out he is the baby daddy. He is presented with a 4 year old bundle of curious boy that can shift into a cub. All of a sudden Eron's whole entire view of his life changes and the dominate genetics that he has surpressed suddenly come alive as he realizes that not only does he have a son to protect, he also is having mating urges with Myka. Myka for her part has always had trust issues due to abuses in her past, but Spike has away of getting past all her defenses and setting up shop right in her heart. Now they have to figure out how to hold on to happiness as a shifter from Spike's past threatens all that he now holds dear. This was a sweet short read that I wished the ending could have been drawn out. But knowing how busy JA is, I am thankful for anything she writes. I am so looking foward to Eric Warden's book. Just from the tidbit we got, it is going to be a blast.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Mated.

02/03/2016 marked as: read