Anna's Reviews > Divide & Conquer

Divide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4753740
** spoiler alert ** Just so everyone knows, this isn't a review, this is a rant about how pissed off I am right now.

I want to punch Ty in the face and I want to punch Nick in the face. So I knew before starting the book that Ty would kiss another guy but I imagined it would be him kissing the guy back out of surprise you know? BUT NOOOOO HE ACTUALLY KISSED HIM TWICE. TWICE. Not only that but he liked it and was aroused by it. WTFFF ? Then he feels guilty (LIKE HE SHOULD) and goes back to the apartment where Zane is waiting for him. I would have forgiven Ty if he at least would have apologized to Zane but no he's acting as if HE needs to be comforted right now, asking Zane to hold him and blablabla. You're in the wrong right now and you should apologize... But I let it go, thinking that in the morning they'd talk about it.. BUT THE CONVERSATION NEVER CAME. So the last 25% I was just so angry I couldn't even concentrate on the book and the cute moments... I didn't even freak out when Zane finally told Ty he loved him.. I was just still frowning. I just don't understand how they both could let it go so easily. I was expecting Zane to be jealous at least but we never even knew what he thought about the kiss it was like it never happened. And I just can't get over the fact that Ty never said he was sorry or that he regretted it. Shaking my head so hard right now. Ughhhh.

Anyways the book was still very good and I still love them a lot but the last 25% just ruined it for me and i can't give it a 5 stars.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divide & Conquer.
Sign In »

Quotes Anna Liked

Madeleine Urban
“Dinner later. My house. Bring clothes for the weekend, ’cause you won’t be making it home.” Ty didn’t say another word, just turned and headed for the elevator at a stroll, shrugging into his overcoat as he went. Zane watched him go, enjoying the sight. “Score,” he said under his breath before he grabbed his phone and keys and hurried to follow.”
Madeleine Urban, Divide & Conquer
tags: ty, zane

Madeleine Urban
“Ty." Zane's even, soothing tones finally broke on the short gasp of his name. "I Love you and I'm scared I'll lose you. Please don't leave me alone in the dark.”
Madeleine Urban, Divide & Conquer

Abigail Roux
“First time I saw you, after I got over hating you, I knew,” he said, echoing Ty’s words, “I knew I’d fall in love with you”
Abigail Roux, Divide & Conquer


Reading Progress

03/25/2012
6.0% "This text messaging game thing they're playing at at work is so fun to read! I'm laughing out loud right now. Gosh, I love them." 4 comments
03/26/2012
23.0% ""He loved Ty Grady with all there was to give of his heart, and in the end, all it had taken was one wink for Zane to finally come to terms with it" " 9 comments
03/26/2012
57.0% "omgomgomg i think it's going to be the dance scene now !!!!"
03/26/2012
57.0% ""They continued like that, swaying languidly to the music, and when their lips finally parted, Zane heard himself whisper, "I love you"" *wipes a tear* Jesus this whole scene is beautiful!"
03/26/2012
75.0% "wtf... ugh i want to cry right now fucking nick and fucking ty ugh"

Comments (showing 1-47 of 47) (47 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Kade Boehme UGH! This moment made me die more than any moment in any other boot...EVER. I think maybe cuz I'd been waiting for it for so damn long... but AHHH PERFECTION!


Anna PERFECTION INDEED! Now I just want him to tell Ty!!


Kade Boehme Patience, Grasshopper.


Anna LOL
Ughhh I'm afraid to read the ending though because you told me it was a cliffhanger and i read the synopsis for the next book and it says Ty leaves Zane idk where?!? D:


Jenn Lol, Anna it will be ok. :-) no worries


Anna Ugh ok you're the second person to tell me the ending isn't sad so I'm gonna believe you :p


Kade Boehme I think you have to take the ending of this one in the context of the whole series and it won't trip you out... you'll just be like "oh. ok. breathe."


Monika Or throw the kindle across the room screaming NOOOO because you're so p####d off!


Anna YOU GUYS ARE SCARING ME THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW.


Monika Sorry Anna, how far until the end?

Have a paperback handy or something you don't care gets damaged!


message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Ok someone tell me what happens idc about the spoilers

I'm at 52%


Monika I'm not telling!! and if Kade knows what's good for him he won't either. *lol* Come on Anna we all had to wait, of course I didn't know anything was coming, so that's kind of different.

Have they had their dance yet? *great big sigh*


message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna No they haven't but I don't even want to read right now because of the ending...


message 14: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn Anna, it's really not that bad. I don't want you to expect the worse and not finish. If you want to PM me, I can explain some things for the book to keep in mind


message 15: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Ok I will !


message 16: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn Ok I messaged you back. I didn't spoil anything. I just kind of put some thoughts down for maybe you to think of now and afterwards...hope it helps. :-)


message 17: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna It did help, thank you ! :)


L'marie The end just made me excited for the next book...after I got over my heart fail...okay, I'm not over it, lol!


message 19: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I've been pissed of since around 75% and i don't think the cliffhanger is even going to affect me anymore.. that's how pissed off I am right now lol


L'marie Anna ϟ wrote: "I've been pissed of since around 75% and i don't think the cliffhanger is even going to affect me anymore.. that's how pissed off I am right now lol"

Pissed about Nick, Shannon or both?


message 21: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Shannon? Why would I be pissed off because of Shannon?

No I'm pissed off because of the whole Nick thing i'm actually going to write it down in my review which isn't going to be a review but more of a rant of how fucking pissed off i am right now LOL seriously I couldn't even be happy when Zane told Ty he loved him.


Monika Anna I can't remember what happened but that must be why I wrote the review I did for book 4. Have a look and tell me if it makes any sense to you,I'll be back to see what you say!


message 23: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I did read your review but idk if the bad/good thing applies for the whole book? Because you start out by saying that you'Re pissed at Ty or whatever but I wasn't pissed at him in the beginning just from 75% and on.


Monika It's not from the beginning I don't think I was so pissed I probably shouldn't have written it until I could think straight. So what is happening briefly where you are now?


message 25: by Anna (last edited Mar 26, 2012 07:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I just finished and posted my rant review if you wanna check it out


Monika *lol* okay!


Monika yup that's about it, so my rant must of been the last 25% all I remember is being really pissed off!!!


message 28: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna lmfao do you understand now why i can't read about cheating? because if only this kiss makes me this angry, imagine in books where real cheating happens


Monika Ya I get it! I hated that part and I hated Ty for a while so now my rant makes sense to me I think.... *lol*


message 30: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna LOL I'm still mad at him but I can't hate him. I just wish things would have happened differently and that they handled the whole kiss thing differently... The only thing I wanted was for Ty to say sorry and that he regret it and for Zane to be jealous...


Monika I know what you mean I felt the same!


message 32: by Kade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kade Boehme But-but-but... it's not like Zane, as much as i love him, gave Ty a whole lot of reason not to return the kiss even tho it annoyed me too... it's like he put his heart on the line several times already and Zane hadn't really returned the feeling... he has felt for so long like he is the only one falling... and here was this guy he knew forever... but he knew after the kiss he just could never be with Nick and he loved Zane... it's the only time ive ever read anything like that and didn't really get mad...


message 33: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna But Ty kept saying that he KNEW that Zane loved him even though he never said it (and imo Zane showed it a lot how much he loved Ty)... But like I said before, it wouldn't have bothered as much if Ty would have just apologized or said he regretted it...


message 34: by Kade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kade Boehme Well, we all know I'm obsessed with Tyler Grady so I may be a bit biased... hahaha


message 35: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Lmfao I can't say who I love more because I love them both so much.


Monika Uh oh I love Zane and I was really mad at Ty, I always felt Zane was one waiting around for Ty to smarten up!!


message 37: by L'marie (last edited Mar 27, 2012 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

L'marie Kade wrote: "But-but-but... it's not like Zane, as much as i love him, gave Ty a whole lot of reason not to return the kiss even tho it annoyed me too... it's like he put his heart on the line several times alr..."

I was wondering when you were conna come defend your man, lol. That's are the reasons why I didn't hate Ty for the kiss. I was pissed that it happened, but I was more sad at their lack of communication.


message 38: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Yep the lack of communication made me sad/angry.. I really wanted them to talk about this but they just... forgot about it.


L'marie Anna ϟ wrote: "Yep the lack of communication made me sad/angry.. I really wanted them to talk about this but they just... forgot about it."

I can't wait for their reunion. You think Zane will play it cool in the beginning or will he blow up at Ty?


message 40: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna He's definitely going to be mad imo What do you think?


L'marie Monika wrote: "Uh oh I love Zane and I was really mad at Ty, I always felt Zane was one waiting around for Ty to smarten up!!"

I hate to go against my man Zane but he kinda expected Ty to be a mind reader. I'm sure Ty gathered that Zane was kinda sorta fond of him.

I'm ticked at both of them for not sharing their feeling and making pinky promises of eternal love...after book two, lol!


message 42: by L'marie (last edited Mar 27, 2012 02:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

L'marie Anna ϟ wrote: "He's definitely going to be mad imo What do you think?"

He's prolly gonna take the passive aggressive route and antagonize Ty until Ty snaps.


Monika But that is men for you, no communication skills! *LOL*


message 44: by Kade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kade Boehme I think he "needed space" cuz he got called in the middle of the night for one of those black ops that he does for Burns and that was the best he had as far as excuses go. Hence Zane being called in to back him up on this case and BAM there's Ty doing one of his secret operations


Monika I don't know what to say I have no idea what is going on. This is what happens when you have to leave for a bit!


L'marie Kade wrote: "I think he "needed space" cuz he got called in the middle of the night for one of those black ops that he does for Burns and that was the best he had as far as excuses go. Hence Zane being called i..."

I can see that being the case since the mission are secret...that makes me feel better.


message 47: by Kade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kade Boehme @L'marie: That's one assumption that just kinda smacked me in the face when I read it the first time... and i'm trying to stick with that to keep me from going nuts haha


back to top