Kristina Cardoza's Reviews > How To Slay A Dragon

How To Slay A Dragon by Bill  Allen

Mar 25, 12

Read on March 22, 2012, read count: 1

Summary
How to Slay a Dragon by Bill Allen is a fun, action-packed fantasy you'll definitely love! Greg Hart, besides the fact that he's one of the scrawniest boys at his school, is a normal boy in a normal world with a normal life.

...Until now.

Greg is being taken to the fantasy world of Myrth, and if it isn't bad enough being on a medieval planet with ogres, trolls, and witches, he is named in a prophecy (as Greghart, though, not Greg Hart) and it is foretold that he is to slay a dragon to save the princess!

Can Greg make it through the crazy mix-up without being scorched to ashes?

About the Author
Bill Allen may be described as an unusual man who has accomplished an unusual many deeds. In fact, it has been said that if you total up all the things he claims to have done, he cannot possibly be less than seven hundred years old.

No one knows if this is true. All that is certain is that for much of that time he's been living in Melbourne, Florida with his wife, Nancy, writing software by day and, well, mostly sleeping by night. Every now and again he writes stories, too. [from http://www.billallenbooks.com/author.htm]

My Opinion
The story was really fast-paced and exciting--I protested when I had to stop reading and go to bed! The story showed that you can do anything as long as you have the courage. Greg showed his courage in the end with the dragon. I was surprised in the ending, too--it had a surprising, unexpected twist to it--but was fascinated by Greg's way of fulfilling the prophecy! (Hint: You will NOT expect what's coming. :])

**I received a copy of this eBook for free from Bell Bridge Books through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I received no other compensation.**

Blog Posts:
How to Slay a Dragon
How to Slay a Dragon

Kristina Cardoza
Children's Book Author

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How To Slay A Dragon.