ReviewsByMolly's Reviews > Flidderbugs

Mar 25, 12

Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: GoddessFish Promotions
Recommended for: everyone
Read in March, 2012

Okay. Let's be honest here. Books called Doodling and Flidderbugs? Seriously? That's what I thought in the beginning. But, sitting down to read these fast reads, well, I quickly changed my opinion on them. I'm super glad that I had the chance to partake in this blog tour for Mr. Gould's delightful reads! Neville and Kriffle are both characters that will take you on an adventurous, humorous journey into a fantasy world. Readers young and old will enjoy these reads, and quite frankly, be excited to see if Mr. Gould will write another like them (or at least this reader is excited!).

In Doodling, the reader is introduced to Neville....a character who has fallen off the world, or as Mr. Gould put it, simply let go of the world and is now traveling through the universe, making new friends with interesting people, learning new ways to look at life. It's definitely a fantasy universe and often, it's very humorous. It's a wonderful fast read,especially for those of us who are always running ragged and never stopping to simply take a moment to breath. It's a delightful story!

In Flidderbugs, we meet Kriffle. Gould dubs this book a political satire, or modern fable, and I would have to honestly agree with him. It's a story bugs that do battle in a tree (think a little bit of Dr. Suess here....). Children and adults will both enjoy this story of coming to terms with what is obvious. It's a battle of political rights and wrongs, a battle of yes or nos. Is this tribe of bugs right about their side of the tree, or that tribe of bugs the correct party on their side of the tree. It was definitely interesting to see how the story turned out and the great buggy characters are uniquely charming!

I can definitely say that these books are highly recommend with 4 Book ratings. I am glad to have had the chance to read them, and I look forward to seeing if Mr. Gould makes more like this. They aren't long reads, less than 75 pages a piece, and would be great for that settling in for the night read, or an interesting new bed time story to tell your children. Great job, Mr. Gould!

This review originated at Reviews By Molly in part with a blog tour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flidderbugs.