Alistair's Reviews > Tsar

Tsar by Ted Bell

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: easy-rubbish
Read from March 25 to April 25, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tsar.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Alistair Good stuff, I found this book by accident at the library. I have to say that after reading an awful book by Vince Flynn (Mitch Rapp) and a book who's character was Jack Reacher also rubbish.

Heck I shouldn't say that, these flawed hero/Bond characters are for readers.... like being Goldilocks and trying the beds....you have to try each bed to find the right one for you. So what I'm saying is not that I want to be in bed with Hawke (although the love interest Asia from this book would be alright) is that he is my style of super spy/soldier character....next time I use that analogy I will say porriage! You can have your Rapp and Reacher charaters, Hawke would kick their butts with a flare of style!

The Hawke character is well developed (my mistake for reading this book first) and there is an exceptional amount of back story that flows through the novel, making sure I was not lost in the characters motivations. The secondary characters are also well developed and they add and carry a good portion of the narrative filling in the back story so that it all comes together.

The bad guys are bad, I mean really bad, I really had no idea what was really meant by implaing as a torture before but I do now....OUCH! The good guys are all round good guys who do good things like killing the bad guys (and how!) and the action is well done. The story is fast paced and the last few chapters will have you on the edge of your seat, checking the clock and not caring that you have to get up for work in 4 hours time.

Going to read the first book now and I am looking forward to it!