Sherre Copeland's Reviews > Telesa: The Covenant Keeper

Telesa by Lani Wendt Young

Mar 25, 12

Read in February, 2012

Wow! Thats really all I have to say about this book. I loved it with every fiber of my being and the author is an absolute genius.

Not since twilight have I felt this way after reading a book. Just as I have this feeling that I MUST visit Forks, Washington, I now MUST go to Samoa. That's not to say this book can be compared to twilight. No! It's just that, I must say, I have finally found a book to join the ranks of Twilight, Hunger Games, andThe Mortal Instruments. One I will want to read over and over and never tire of. So much culture and legend and myth. I love it all. This book made me feel great for being brown! I felt that I fit with this book in so many ways. That's not to say I'm Samoan, no I dont think I am, honestly I'm never completely sure what I am so I just claim African American because it's the easiest and the most dominant race in my mish mash gene pool. I just love Samoa (from what I read) and I must see it for myself.

Okay, well enough with that, I must say that this book was great!!! I loved it. I loved Leila because she reminded me of myself in her inner thoughts, and because she was everything I wish I could be on the outside. Oh and Daniel? Talk about gorgeous. I am in love!!! Jason? Oh Jason...I know Leila didn't really want you but I'm always here. *sigh*

This book had my heart racing and my feelings on edge. I read so much in one sitting that my eyes began to hurt and when I finally looked away from the words, black lines from the words danced in my vision. (please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like this) I found myself counting down the time until I could get back to this book. Hating my dog for having to go outside to do his business. Didn't he know I had reading to do! The story line was amazing. I was tempted to go to Lani's blog site to ask her why on earth she hadn't told me this was such an amazing book. I would have read it sooner! I needed this book in my life. When on when will the next book come out??? I need it now!!!!

So here again I leave you with a blog post that probably makes no sense because I have no idea how to put into words what I'm actually feeling inside. There's only one thing I can say. If you've been pondering giving this book a try, just give in.......and if you havent been thinking about it at all, do yourself a favor and still buy it. I'll have you know...I just paid money for the print version of this book. I wanted to hold it in my hands because I just love it that much!!! You wont regret it. 5 SUPER LARGE stars!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Telesa.

Quotes Sherre Liked

Lani Wendt Young
“They say lightning never strikes in the same place twice.
They lied.”
Lani Wendt Young, Telesa: The Covenant Keeper

Lani Wendt Young
“You don't love someone because they're a dream of perfection. You love them because of the way they meet their challenges, how they struggle to overcome. You love them because together, you bring out the best in each other.”
Lani Wendt Young, Telesa: The Covenant Keeper