Lily's Reviews > Event Horizon

Event Horizon by Evelyn Shepherd

May 23, 12

bookshelves: mm-romance, fantasy-supernatural
Read on March 25, 2012

I am still not sure how to rate this one - probably 3.5 stars. I have previously enjoyed The Hunting Moon because of the action plot, but mostly due to the evolving relationship between Theo and Carlos. Therefore, I did have quite high expectations for the sequel and, to be honest, I was disappointed. Ami has offered a comprehensive review before me so I will keep things brief. The first half of the book gave the impression of being dominated by Theo wavering between Carlos (with whom he already had a serious relationship) and Lloyd. Even the action seemed overshadowed by Theo's growing need for the latter, while his language and acts suggested something much deeper than physical attraction. It bothered me and I suffered for Carlos, felt sorry for Lloyd and immensely irritated towards Theo. The second half redeemed the novel a bit for me, yet at the end I firmly believed that Carlos deserved someone better than the current Theo, or at least someone who can completely reciprocate his love regardless of the presence or absence of temptation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Event Horizon.

03/25/2012
10.0% "I've been meaning to read this one for so long... probably 2 months. So far so good for a sequel."