Kevin's Reviews > Perfect

Perfect by Sara Shepard

Mar 27, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended for: Fans of the show
Read from March 25 to 27, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

3.5/5

I really liked this book. After my last read Sara Shepard seems like a literary goddess. This books is (as its predecessors) fast-paced, full of suspense and filled with action.

I also loved how in this book the story lines got more complicated than in Pretty Little Liars and Flawless. The cliff-hanger at the end was a bit of a let-down, it just seemed all too obvious in my eyes. Nonetheless, this book was a great read with many plot twists.

In this part of the series you see how the characters undergo a dramatic change in personality, we see Emily go from a naive girl who tries to suppress her 'wrong' feelings to a confident girl that's not afraid to show who she truly is. I also really liked the dynamic between Emily and Maya in this book, something that I don't like in the show. One of the greatest personality changes in this book is Hanna's. At first she is a really material and superficial girl but after Mona has wronged her multiple times (and everyone at Rosewood Day turns her back on her) she starts valuing other stuff and lets go of a big part of her fear of being imperfect.

One thing that I didn't like in this book was the Montgomery family's dynamic. It felt a little surreal to me that a mom kicks her 17-year-old daughter out because she tried to keep the family together. I found myself being really annoyed by the mothers in this book (mainly Aria's and Emily's) but for the most part it contributed a great deal to their storylines.

All in all, this was a great read. Not too sappy and mushy, but with a lot of suspense. Definitely my favorite Pretty Little Liars novel so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect.

03/25/2012 page 45