Rebecca's Reviews > The Hiding Place

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

Sep 28, 2008

Recommended for: everyone
Read in September, 2008 , read count: 1

At no fault of the book, but it took me a while to get into this story. Once the occupation of Holland took place the story became riveting and I didn't put it down until I read through the last page. What a horrific setting, but nevertheless a beautiful true story of faith and even love through adversity. A friend suggested having tissue close by, and I agree, especially through the last few chapters.
One part that I'm sure was not a major point in the book, but that struck me was near the end when Corrie describes her efforts to help people who were recovering from their tramatic experiences in the war (in many forms). She that her efforts involved "experimenting, making mistakes, [and] learning." Knowing Corrie, this was all done as she prayerfully went about each day. It struck me that even in her genuine efforts to serve things didn't run perfectly, but evidence showed that her healing impact was enormous. I felt like this, and many other parts of her story were inspiring life lessons.
What will I make of my trials? How will I feel toward those who hurt me? How will I approach the opportunity of another day? What are my visions? How often to I recognize the Lord's hand in seemingly little things? (story of the fleas)
Beautiful story...I recommend to all.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hiding Place.

Charlene Rebecca,

You will love this book. Be warned though, it will make you cry. I loved reading this and have used it in talks at different times.

Melanie If you loved this book you need to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's amazing and not a book you'll forget for a long time.