Stephen's Reviews > Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here by Rita Mae Brown

Mar 25, 12

Read in April, 2011

I picked this book out on a whim...didn't know what to expect at all. Virginia Beach Public Library had it as one of the Staff Picks on their e-book collections, so I thought, why not?
Most of the books in this series take place in Crozet, Virginia (which also intrigued me, since I go by Crozet every time I go see my family in Ohio and West Virginia). This first book in the series I found a little crude at first (a lot of unnecessary swearing), but it gets better throughout the story. Another thing that seems odd at first is that the animals talk to each other. Sounds kind of childish, but these animals don't have childish thoughts. They are very smart, and they help solve the murders that keep happening around them, with their keen senses that the humans don't possess.
I didn't find this book to be a favorite of mine in the series, but it did get me hooked, and I'm up to the 17th book in the series now!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Were Here.

message 1: by KnowledgeGeek (new)

KnowledgeGeek Phooey, I'm disappointed to hear of the inclusion of profanity in this series. That has a tendency to ruin, for me, what may have been a good read. I appreciate knowing this before jumping into the series.

message 2: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita And see, I'm all about the swearing. Totally makes me want to read this book now!

message 3: by KnowledgeGeek (new)

KnowledgeGeek I'm not a prude & I swear from time to time just like most people. I simply feel that these words are overused. To me, it degrades the quality of work. Anyone under the sun can spew forth filth but, it takes a master of language to convey the wide range of emotions behind or dirty word. Although I'm willing to accept the occasional swear word...IF it fits into the context nicely, I find it plain old tacky otherwise. But, each to their own.