Michael's Reviews > The Way of Kings

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Mar 25, 12

Read in March, 2012

Well, I've got to say that this was one of the most impressive fantasy novels I've ever come across. The characters were deep and intriguing, the conflicts very personal to the reader, and the story-telling was phenomenal. There were a few parts that needed some help with pacing. In running parallel story-lines, one would frequently outpace the others leaving you wishing that the other story-lines would hurry up and get out of the way so that you could find out what happened to Kaladin and Bridge Four. The pacing leveled out really well before too long, though, and all in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable read. I would add one disclaimer, though. I highly recommend this book, but not yet. The story has a great resolution, but it is followed by one of the most unbelievable cliffhangers I've ever read, and the next book doesn't come out until January of next year if all goes according to plan. Brandon is a busy boy after all. You may want to wait until that release date is a little closer before you pick this one up, or you'll spend months in breathless anticipation, and that long breathless is always a headache.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way of Kings.