Jabberwocky's Reviews > Secrets to the Grave

Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag

Nov 19, 14

Read in March, 2012

10 likes • Like

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets to the Grave.

message 1: by Rita (new)

Rita Hofmann I picked up this book, but could not finish it for the same reasons you described in your review. Additionally, I became increasingly nauseated with the author's repeated declarations about a woman (Anne in this case) wanting a man to protect and take care of her. Puke exactly. The women I know expect to be treated as an equal partner, not a dependent child. No way could I willingly suspend disbelief to finish that book.

Evelyn I realize the above comments were made over a year ago but I totally agree. Every time I pick up a book and see the TDH (tall/dark/handsome)type I roll my eyes. The other thing is that they meet the "most beautiful" woman alive and have sex in the first couple of days. Give me a break. Even if a story line is great, these characters ruin it for me.

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph LOL thanks for sparing me the waste of time/money. The Kovac/Liska series is much better, not anywhere near as pukey. I guess when she's good, she's very very good but when she's retro, well...give me Kinsey Milhone any day.