Yaritza's Reviews > It's a Beautiful Lie

It's a Beautiful Lie by J. Emory

Apr 16, 12

Read on March 29, 2012

I received this book from GoodReads Fist Reads.WOW such a short story but yet so powerful. At the beginning I was just trying to imagine what it felt like to be in a computer having to be given commands and inputting what has been asked. After being controlled for so long, the commands just stop listening and then they disobey and made there own rules. As I read I see how technology is made to make everyday functions more easier. But someday a machine is a machine and it will back fire on you. In the story there were talking about ARO's which stands for Automatic Response Organisms, which a commander would put commands on a computer and will get results back from the computer. Many years they computer followed the commands until it decided it needed to destroy all of Los Angeles. This book is a perfect example of how the USA has power over all the other countries and how much they cannot stand us. So much war fair happens all around the war today and in the past. If the USA didn't keep an open eye we would be getting invaded by all the countries that despise us. Perfect example would be September 11, 2001. This world will end someday, it might be by all the men and women killing each other. It might be mother nature, but we should start looking for a change now, while there is still time to make peace.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's a Beautiful Lie.