OpenBookSociety.com 's Reviews > The Vanishing Game

The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers

Mar 24, 12

Review brought to you by OBS staff member Autumn

I didn’t know what to expect when starting this book. I knew that this would take me on an unexpected journey and The Vanishing Game does not disappoint.

Jocelyn and her twin, Jack, grew up going from foster home to foster home. Seale House looms large in their memory as the place where they were the most frightened, but also the place where they met Noah, another orphan who becomes their one true friend. They create their own games and puzzles as a way of coping with the stress of living amongst the other disturbed children.

After leaving Seale House, Jack is the victim of a horrible accident and everyone believes that he is dead. Until Jocelyn receives a letter from his secret alias “Jason December” and that begins a string of clues that cause Jocelyn to seek out Noah once again. He alone can help her solve the disappearance of her brother and come to terms with her past and her future.

I was so sure of the direction this book would take while I was reading it. I soon found out that it was nothing like I expected. The twists and turns keep you on the edge of your seat and at the same time the emotional subject matter hold your heart in a vice-like grip. I really enjoyed reading this story and would recommend it to lovers of suspense and mystery everywhere.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanishing Game.