Kristen's Reviews > Dangerous to Know

Dangerous to Know by Tasha Alexander

Apr 13, 12

Read from April 08 to 13, 2012

If you want the plot read the other reviews. I love the Lady Emily books. The historical information is fascinating, the characters feel true, and the plots are fun.

I don't quite understand the dislike some reviewers expressed for Emily in this story. It seems reasonable to me that a woman would be a bit weepy who lost her baby and feels unreasonable guilt that her fear and hesitancy at being a mother led to that loss. And Colin's over reaction also seems like a reasonable response. Then again, I always read these books really fast, so maybe I missed something.

Along that note, my complaint about this book is I have several nagging questions at the end. Why did Emily see a crying girl in three different locations? Is she just going crazy and seeing things? If that's the case then why did Edith see the same thing? And why was Capet ever involved in this story? I love him, but it seemed like a sloppy addition to the story. Lastly, why did Madeline's dementia-suffering mom mention the name "Vasseur"?

Like I said, maybe I read too quickly and missed some things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous to Know.