S.C. Stephens's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Jun 30, 12

Wow! I can’t believe I’m only allowed to give this book five stars. It affected me on so many levels. I mean, gut-wrenching, sobbing, tears streaming down my face affected me…and I’m not a crier. It touched my soul. It was filled with not only everything I was looking for, but everything I needed—-romance, heartache, poetry, beauty, humor, friendship, family and love, so much love that it hurt my heart!

This book is so much more than a love story. It’s packed with important life lessons. If you’ve ever lost someone, loved someone, needed someone or wanted someone, this book will affect you, too. I am awed and inspired. I read this on my ereader, but I’m getting it in paperback too. I need to pass it around to my friends. I need to dog-ear the pages. I need to highlight words and phrases. I need to share it with my children. This may be my favorite read this year! I can’t recommend it enough!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Quotes S.C. Liked

Colleen Hoover
“There are three questions every woman should be able to answer yes to before they commit to a man. If you answer no to any of the three questions, run like hell."
[...]
"Does he treat you with respect at all times? That's the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you've found a good man.”
Colleen Hoover, Slammed

Colleen Hoover
“God Layken. How do you do it? she says. She blows her nose and grabs another tissue out of the box. How do I do what? I sniff as I continue to wipe the tears from my eyes. How do you not fall in love with him? The tears begin flowing just as quickly as they had ceased. I grab yet another tissue. I don't not fall in love with him. I don't not fall in love with him a lot!”
Colleen Hoover, Slammed

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachelle Why are you reading? You should be writing. Although, I must say Slammed is a fantastic book. I guess it's forgivable. :D

S.C. Stephens Haha, I knew I'd get some flack for that! I will try to write more than I read. ;D

Rachelle Nah, Slammed is fantastic. Plus, you'll have to read Point of Release afterwards. We will all wait patiently. :) Enjoy the book!

Neda Slammed is really good. You will love it It broke my heart and then pieced it together then broke it again. It is beautiful.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!! Love this book! Enjoy!

Robin Loved this story, and its sequel.

Cheri Kindle Crack on Facebook The Slammed series is really good. You have to read Point of Release. I cant wait for Thoughtless 3. Need a Kellan fix : )

Rachelle I know there is going to be a third book.. :D

Colleen Meyer I loved this book! Well actually I loved Will but then I met Kellan Kyle and poor Will didn't stand a chance:). Point of Retreat is a butterflying awesome book as well. In between your TL3 writing you should read it too!

Melissa Yeah no one stands a change when it comes to kellan Kyle... ::deep sigh::

Kristin I finished this yesterday and Point of Retreat today. Don't know why I waited so long. They were wonderful!

Jessica's Book Review Make sure you have a box of tissues!!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Great review. You summed it up perfectly

message 15: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D ok... now your review is making me start this tonight. i have it on ereader and was going to read something else but not now.... dang it kellan will just have to wait a day or two (besides the fact that i read TL1 and 2 twice now) Happy reading!!!! Thanks for the review

message 16: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kersten WOW..... Since I LOVE your books, I guess I will have to read this one!!!!!

message 17: by Jj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jj Wittman Perfect review.