Julesmarie's Reviews > Rush in the Dark

Rush in the Dark by Lynn Lorenz

Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read in March, 2012

Okay, so I gave the first book two stars knowing that there were more books in the series and hoping that some of the things introduced in the first book would be explored in the sequels. No such luck. The reader is never told things like why these men have special powers, why none of them has ever felt the need to find out why they have special powers, or what--if anything--they try to do with their special powers.

At one point the special powers are used as an excuse for an orgy, which could possibly explain why they were included in the books at all, except that as soon as the men decided the powers had worked, the orgy was called off and they all went happily on their ways again... with no explanation.

The other reason the first book got its second star was because I actually liked Sammi, in spite of everything. I didn't like the two mc's in this book. And I really didn't like them together.

It's almost like the author was trying for both urban fantasy and erotica at the same time and ended up failing spectacularly at both. Would not recommend.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rush in the Dark.