Kaila's Reviews > Casting Off

Casting Off by Hugh Howey

Apr 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, dystopia, science-fiction
Read in March, 2012

This review is also available on my blog, Stumptown Books.

Now this gets back into what I loved about Wool 1. We start off knowing how it is going to end, and just like in the first book, I simply had to know what was going to happen. We learn more about the insidious IT department after a whirlwind investigation that leaves us with another cleaning imminent. The last line has assured that I will be a FAN4LYFE and I can hardly wait to pick up Wool 4 to see what happens. Don't stop after Wool 2 (which I didn't like too much), this one is way better!

Am I the only one that finds the cover for this one totally creepy? The proportions are all off and it looks like the guy is gonna come get me if I look in a mirror in the dark or something.

P.S. I totally didn't get that the titles were knitting references. I fail at being a hipster. :(
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Casting Off.

message 1: by Leslee (new)

Leslee I picked up the Wool omnibus due to your glowing recommendations! Going to read it on my 6 hour flight to Maui :) Don't feel too bad about your hipster cred, you can make it up by having an asymetrical haircut or a stripey shirt.

Kaila Awesome! Excited to hear what you think of it!