Marilyn Maya's Reviews > Sleeping Murder

Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie

Mar 24, 12

Read in March, 2012

I joined Goodreads to review this book. I had read every one of Christie's books in younger days. I still love cozy mysteries as well as pychological dark ones. But I needed to say that in this book, Christie reveals her personal ideas and life more than any other. There is a character in the book who I think Christie patterned after her personal life. There is an unattractive woman who is married to a very charming man and everyone feels sorry for the husband whose wife is a jealous unhappy woman but Ms.Marple says she is sorry for the wife because some men marry woman they don't love for the wrong reasons like feeling sorry for them or thinking they are the right person to marry and the womans suffers more than the man. He stays and not because of the chldren.
I won't give away the plot but this book touches on feminist issues, and ideaas about women that are far beyond the author's time. I see why it is her last book. It is not to tie up Ms. Marple but because the issues are so radical for her time. The mystery itself is very provative and the characters as always timeless and interesting. I wish I had Ms Marple in my life or Ms Christie because she was a wise woman. Now, I am old enough to appreciate the subtle points that I couldn't in my 20's A must read for Christie fans.
3 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Murder.

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter William Warn It sounds like this also is a must re-read for those of us who read it before we were old enough to appreciate the subtle points. Thank you for the persuasive reminder and guidance. Well done.

Marilyn Maya Thank you for commenting on my review. I am new here and there are more snarky and positive reviews coming soon aloha

message 3: by Peter (last edited May 25, 2012 11:44AM) (new)

Peter William Warn Splendid. I'll look forward to them.

In the meantime, I'm envious that you live in Waianae. My family lived on Oahu for three years in the 1970s (Air Force father) and I haven't been back nearly as often as I'd like. I trust you don't take it for granted.

Marilyn Maya I try not to but everywhere you go, there you are and have to deal with problems etc. I live near the beach and mountains in Makaha with beautiful sunsets and amazing weather and people who are laid back. When I do get wanderlust though, it is hard to get away because Hawaii is the most isolated island in the world. I will put up a few reviews today. Thanks new friend Aloha

message 5: by Doug (new)

Doug Fennema I love you. But Pitcairn Island is the most isolated inhabited island in the world.