Joy Colclasure's Reviews > Ten Apples Up On Top!

Ten Apples Up On Top! by Theo LeSieg

F_50x66
Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: counting-math, dr-seuss, friendship, rhyming

This book is a fun rhyming and counting book for children. This book counts up to ten and even counts backwards from seven. I also liked how at the end of the book, all of the characters who were not friends in the beggining, became friends at the end when they all balenced ten apples on their heads together. This is a good lesson for children as well.

Extension activity: After reading this book I will allow the children to each draw a picture of themselves with how ever many red apples they want on top of their heads. Each child will draw this on a piece of paper containing the text, "____________ had _______ red apples up on top!" The children will write their name in the first blank, and the number of red apples that they drew on the second line (Children may need adult help, depending on the age group). I will then bind all of the childrens papers together to create a class book with a cover titled, "We have apples up on top". After the book is finished I will read it to the children and put it on the library shelf where they can go back and look at it whenever they choose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Apples Up On Top!.