Teri's Reviews > The Lumby Lines

Aug 12, 2008

Recommended to Teri by: my Outreach Librarian
Recommended for: everyone
Read in August, 2008

As I am a fairly new client of our Regional library's Outreach Program and our Outreach Coordinator looks around for books for me to read, I noticed two weeks ago, the first three books in this most delightful series on my online account, so looked them up, as I'd never heard of them or the author. I just finished this first of hopefully many volumes of this wonderful quirky ficticious small town of Lumby, Washington. This first volume is the story of Mark and Pam Walker, who move from Virginia on the East Coast to the West Coast and purchase an historic old Abbey and convert it into an historic inn. The local residents are not sure they like the "easterners," but after a life-threatening incident, the townspeople whole-heartedly accept them as one of their own. The hit of the town is the daily newspaper with the sheriff's report, with the date and time of each incident. These incidents make for an absolutely hilarious part of the story!!! With the help of the townspeople and the local monks, they are able to get the renovations completed even amongst all the setbacks. This book is filled with absolutely hilarious moments that you'll love. And, if you hail from a small town as I do, you'll love this book and the rest of these wonderful stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lumby Lines.