Krystal's Reviews > Spark

Spark by Brigid Kemmerer

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: arc

This second book in The Elemental Series and continues the story of the Merrick family, four brothers who can literally control the elements. Spark is told from Gabriel’s point of view. Gabriel can control fire, but sometimes he can’t. Gabriel and his friend Hunter struggle to save fire victims when an arsonist begins lighting deadly fires in his town. There are others problems though, a teacher realized that Gabriel’s twin brother has been taking Gabriel’s math exams for him and now Gabriel could be banned from sports, his favorite outlet. With Layne’s help, a quiet girl from his math class, he might be able to learn math and his element.
I love this series for many reasons. Kemmerer gave each of the Merrick brothers an individual personality and motivation. Gabriel has the personality of a protector; he believes that he should be able to look out for the people he cares about no matter the circumstance and feels guilty if he is unable to. I like reading about a family who look out for each other. Also, these brothers are ruining all guys for me. They are too perfect!
Teen girls will love this novel and the rest of the series. Brigid Kemmerer did a great job using words and phrases teens use daily. The excitement and romance in these books is perfect for anyone aged thirteen or older. I give this book, five out of five stars!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spark.