Saly's Reviews > The Other Laura

The Other Laura by Sheryl Lynn

3192922
Well this book had mistaken identity and amnesia, when it starts off we see the hero painting and his ever loyal assistant Tess, who has a huge crush on him.

Then we meet the witch of his wife Laura. I couldn't through the course of the book understand how could he have married such a cold, shallow woman. The only reason he remained married to her was his step-daughter Abby and how Laura often threatened to take her away from him if he didn't do what she wanted.

Then there is an accident and Laura almost dies, the investigator suspects the hero Ryder but even though he didn't love his wife he cared for her & I never understood why, he himself acknowledged later that he chased her even when she was married and she was like a trophy wife.

Soon, Laura is different, kinder, gentler and she keeps saying she isn't Laura but Ryder and the doctors say she is confused. Of course we know she isn't and that she is Tess.

And Ryder finds this out when he goes to bed with her and finds her a virgin. Soon, he is filled with guilt and the resolve to find out the truth, but what if that makes him lose the woman he has come to love and his step-daughter.

Of course Laura's deception goes deep as we find out in the end that she even lied about the paternity.

Decent read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Laura.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AgentScully (new) - added it

AgentScully Too bad, I have this one in the TBR

Saly AgentScully wrote: "Too bad, I have this one in the TBR"

Well, Agent Scully others have rated it higher so maybe you will like it more than me.