Angelc's Reviews > How to Ravish a Rake

How to Ravish a Rake by Vicky Dreiling

Mar 24, 2012

liked it

I've been hoping for one of the author's books to live up to her debut, but it hasn't happened yet. This book was okay, but it just wasn't on that fantastic level of her first book. There were aspects that I did enjoy about this story, but I think the focus on the bedroom scenes and the silliness of their wager left a bad taste for me.

I've loved the characters of Amy and Georgette since the first book in the series, so maybe I was hoping for more in "their story" (Amy gets to be the lead, while Georgette has a small supporting love story). However, I do still love Amy and how she grows out of her awkward wallflower role into a Regency fashionista.

I also enjoyed Will's growth from the bad boy into a sweet, caring husband. I liked that the sweetness was always there, it wasn't a 360 degree change in his character. The bad boy image turned out just to be a facade to keep people out of his life.

Where the story hit roadblocks for me was that there was just so much focus on the bedroom. There were some scenes with an overall eww factor and it just seemed to take over the sweet story. Also, the wager the couple made between each other was just silly to me, and then the REAL conflict of the story wasn't even fleshed out or resolved until the very end of the book.

This book was nice, but it could have been a lot better with some tweaking.

book sent by publisher in exchange for honest review

reviewed for http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Ravish a Rake.