Sandra "Jeanz"'s Reviews > Vaempires: Revolution

Vaempires by Thomas Winship

Mar 26, 2012

Read from March 24 to 25, 2012

MY REVIEW
I will start off by giving you this books full title, Vaempires Revolution (The Evolutionary War).I really enjoyed this action packed war of the races novel. Its a different concept of Vampires. As in this book there has been a war, where everything was devastated between the Humans and the Vampires. A truce is reached between the Humans and Vampires, and that has lasted quite well. then certain Vampires start mutating into something even scarier than a Vampire. The mutated Vampires name themselves Vaempires (read the book to find out why). The Vaempires are sick of being at the bottom of the pecking order as they put it. So there's another war brewing.
The royal family have great defences, I mean Vampires with their extra strong gene and their heightened senses surely they would see an attack from miles away?
Have the Vampire just become a bit too overconfident, thinking their security is unpenetratable. They seem to underestimate the strengths of the Vaempires. The Vaempires are even stronger, faster, and tougher than a Vampire, theres also rumors that some of them have supernatural powers?
I loved the characters of Daniel, Cassir, Linq and Ray. Their friendship shines through the story, they would do anything to protect one another and as survivors they also have to do what is best for their people.
The book is from two points of view, that of Daniel and of Cassie. We follow Daniel, desperate to find his girlfriend Cassies. Then we are with Cassie as she fights an old marriage suitor Vielyn. Cassie and Vielyn were in a relationship, then vielyn began to mutate. they split up, Vielyn says because he bagan to mutate, though Cassie denies this and says it was the personality and emotional changes in Vielyn that made her end their relationship that had been heading towards a marriage. Naturally Vielyn and Daniel do not get along as both think Cassie is theirs to love and protect etc.
The book is non-stop action which makes it very difficult to put down lol! When I got to the end I sort of just though WOW theres GOT to be a bk 2 and where can I get it from?
I just want to add that I would definitely recommend reading Vaempire Christmas the prelude book as you understnad the different relationships that are going on and you get a feel for the inter racial tensions that are also going on too.
So did I enjoy? YES Would I recommend? Yes, Would I read bk 2? Its already on the wishlist!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vaempires.

03/25/2012 page 70
03/25/2012 page 70
32.0% "Action packed, interesting different concept on the Vampires, Human and now Vaempire Relations!"