Beth Peninger's Reviews > Harvesting the Heart

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

Mar 25, 12

Read from March 24 to 25, 2012

I think this is my first Picoult book. It's her second book but my first read of her. I know, I know - how could I have waited THIS long? :)
It's the story of Paige, who in her youth and inexperience makes a few bad decisions that come back to "haunt" her later - as bad decisions always do. It's the story of Paige, who has allowed certain lies about herself and her life build up after her Mom abandoned she and her Dad when she was only 5. It's the story of Paige, who needs to find her voice in this world.
It's also the story of Nicholas, who needs to learn to pick on people his own size (his Dad's great insight). It's also the story of Nicholas, who needs to learn that everything isn't about him. It's also the story of Nicholas, who has his own lies and insecurities to conquer.
What happens when two people make a decision to join their lives? They become each other's triggers. So it's the story of triggers and finding a way to not let them have power over you any longer.
Picoult has proven herself as an author. Since this book, published in 1993, she has gone on to write a list of bestsellers. Her stories contain character development and depth, story lines that could actually be reality, and deft examinations of the human spirit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harvesting the Heart.