Dale Ibitz's Reviews > Betrayal's Shadow

Betrayal's Shadow by K.H. LeMoyne

Mar 30, 12

Read from March 24 to 30, 2012

Mia Bowman's sucky, cheating husband is having a child with another woman before the divorce papers are even final. Under a lot of stress, she starts having exhausting, life-like dreams where she's transported to a prison with a drop-dead gorgeous hunk of a man. The hunk of a man is Turen, a celestial guardian of man-kind. But it turns out that Mia just might be the one saving Turen.

This book is solid. It has action, it has great characters, it has romance, it has sex, it has torture, it has good and it has evil. The characters are believable, the plot is well-rounded, motivations are clear. I could go on.

The story drops you right into the action. This was one of the very minor complaints I had, in that it was a little bit confusing right there at the beginning. But it didn't take me too long to figure out what was going on, and once I did, the story had me ensnared.

Turen, drop-dead sexy Turen, also had me ensnared.

The hopelessness of the Guardians had you rooting for them to succeed. There were some powerful motivations, powerful loyalties, powerful men and woman. I loved the whole clan.

I think I would have liked the betrayer to be not so apparent, maybe a few red herrings tossed in my reading path, but that's okay. I can live with that, because this story rocked on all other levels.

I really liked this book, and recommend it to anyone who likes some steam in their fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal's Shadow.