Bundles of's Reviews > Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star

Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renée Russell

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: own, favorites
Read from March 24 to 25, 2012

Oh these books have yet to disappoint me! I love them! A couple years ago, I started reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and I loved the way they were set up. Then I discovered the Dork Diaries! I loved them even more than ever! This is probably because these are more directed towards girls and Wimpy Kid is directed towards boys.
Nikki is facing Mackenzie yet again! Nikki does not want anyone to know her deep secret...the only reason she is at this super fancy school is because she got a scholarship in exchange for her dad's bug exterminator services. She wants no one to find this out! Especially Brandon, the boy Nikki is super crushing on! Over the next few weeks, she started to realize more and more bugs. One day after school, Principal Winston called and asked for her dad to come in and exterminate the bugs. Instead of telling her dad, Nikki said that her dad was really busy and could not come in. Later that week, she received in the mail a bill for her tuition at her school....let's just say there was a lot of zeros. This was all because she told the principal her dad couldn't come in! How could she get out of this one?!? Thankfully, she has a chance. Nikki is going to try out for the school talent show to win the scholarship back! Will she be able to do it?
I love these books! I don't know exactly how many there are (does anyone?) but I hope they never end!! A fun, quick read that let's you go into the mind of a middle school girl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star.

03/24/2012 page 107
33.44% "Girl version of DIARY OF A WIMPY KID"
03/24/2012 page 216
67.5% "These books are so cute!"