Theresa's Reviews > Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection

Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs

May 04, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from March 24 to May 04, 2012

Drop Dead Healthy
by: A. J. Jacobs

I won this book from a Goodreads/First Reads giveaway for review

This is the first book I've ever read of A.J. Jacobs, and I have to say that I was very pleased. I should say that I loved...loved....loved this book! This is a "health" book and how it relates to the real world with real people.

Drop Dead Healthy takes us on the journey of a man who is in search of perfect health. He tackles each section of the body for a month at a time and researches all he can about getting that part of the body healthy and tries to incorporate that into his life. He stumbles across many theories about every aspect, some traditional and some not-so-traditional methods. (The not-so-traditional methods were among my favorites to learn about. Some are really out there and really funny to read about.)

I loved how he gets his family involved (sometimes) and I loved his wifes encouragement with a sense of humor about it all. Such as the way he gets her to help with a "cleanse" and he catches her cheating. I loved this and there's even pics. Some I could really see happening in my own house, like having to exercise and work in a very cold basement in a parka and gloves because you can't get any peace from the kids and they don't like going down there because it's to cold.

I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, so I'm trying not to give away to many details about it. I do want to say that this book is so worth reading. It's a non-fiction and very funny and that's a very rare quality for a health book. This book opened my eyes to some of the fringe groups about health issues I've never heard of before. (Some were very out there.) And this book also has some sound advice also. This is a great book and I can't wait to read the rest of the books from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drop Dead Healthy.